"The act of women taking selfies is inherently feminist, especially in a society that tries so hard to tell women that our bodies are projects to be worked on and a society that profits off of the insecurities that it perpetuates. Selfies are like a ‘fuck you’ to all of that, they declare that ‘hey I look awesome today and I want to share that with everyone’ and that’s pretty revolutionary."
"my mind is
a big hunk of irrevocable nothing which touch and taste and smell
and hearing and sight keep hitting and chipping with sharp fatal
in an agony of sensual chisels i perform squirms of chrome and ex
-ecute strides of cobalt
feel that i cleverly am being altered that i slightly am becoming
something a little different, in fact
hereupon helpless i utter lilac shrieks and scarlet bellowings"
"We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
"1.There will be days when you don’t wake up feeling beautiful. Go back to sleep on these days. Set an alarm. Wake up over and over again until the sun kisses you so hard, you glow.
2. Learn to stop tattooing sad songs across your wrist. Your pulse will start sounding like a final breath, and that’s not the kind of music you want to make, baby.
3. There is an orchestra in your footsteps. There is a piano in your spine. There is poetry in your heartbeat. Your eyelashes cast shadows like stage lighting. You will wear musical notes across your chest that warn the others that this is no small production.
4. When they don’t want to love you, don’t stop singing. You can’t be everyone’s favorite song, no matter how beautiful you are.
5. Your heart isn’t clumsy just because it keeps walking into things. Sometimes, it takes a while to learn how to walk.
6. Even the stars feel dull sometimes. They’re still stars. They’re still a miracle.
7. You are still miracle. You are still miracle.
8. It’s okay if you don’t know what you’re doing. It’s okay. The trees have been alive for hundreds of years, and some days they still shake, too.
9. You are made of untranslated languages. Words no one has been brave enough to try to speak. That doesn’t make them any less holy.
10. The words inside of you can wrap around your heart like a cast. But only if you want to heal.
11. It’s time that you start wanting to heal. It’s the only way you can. It’s the only way you can."
"Someone asked me what home was and all I could think of were the stars on the tip of your tongue, the flowers sprouting from your mouth, the roots entwined in the gaps between your fingers, the ocean echoing inside of your ribcage."